Quantcast
Big Girls *Heart* Books: Mel's Review- 'Intractable Souls' by Tricia Daniels -->

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mel's Review- 'Intractable Souls' by Tricia Daniels


18+ This book contains explicit sexual content.

A brilliant IT consultant with a tragic past…
Meets a sexy, successful Irishman with a wicked temper…
A psychic claiming they’re soulmates, destined to find each other in every life. Will the universe be denied love?

Sometimes the one you need, is exactly the one you want. You only have to choose to believe.

Broken by a man she trusted and loved, Olivia James is only a shadow of the confident, independent woman she once was. Building up walls to protect her fragile heart, she’s determined to keep everyone at a distance. Until she meets Ethan O'Connell, a man who makes her burn with a powerful desire. Inexplicably drawn to him, she desperately tries to resist him, determined not to let him get too close.

Ethan O’Connell is a successful businessman, with a seriously sexy Irish accent and a lethal kind of flare and charm. His authoritative command rules every aspect of his life, except when it comes to Olivia James. In order to have her, he has to learn to restrain his Irish temper and his desire for control. With stubborn perseverance, he tries to tear down the walls she's built. Even though, he knows that the secret he harbors could make Olivia walk away forever.

They can’t deny the connection between them; shared dreams, memories that can't be explained, and emotions that feel familiar. From the moment he laid eyes on Olivia, Ethan knew she was meant to be his. Pulled toward each other by an overpowering universal energy, they were destined to find each other; soul mates bound together by past lives. Can love help heal their hearts and bring back what’s meant to be or will freewill change fates plan?


Mel's Review- 
Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I have been DYING to read this book for a while and last night I devoured it in one sitting and that's saying something because it is a long book. I was completely enthralled with this book, couldn't stop reading it. No matter what my clock said. First you have Olivia, a beautiful but broken woman who has cut herself off from anyone who might be able to break down the walls she's built around her heart to protect herself. And then we have our ultra sexy, domineering, short-tempered, Irish, (did I mention sexy?) alpha male, Ethan. And *shivers* he's quite delectable. That's just when you first start to get to know him, too. Then you find out that he's also loving and sweet and a true nurturer when he loves someone and you just want to kidnap him and make him yours forever. 

I was captivated by this story right from the start, I HAD to know what was going to happen next and if the couple was going to get their act together. The characters are really what drives the book and keeps you riveted from beginning to end. Now I hate, truly hate to do this but the only reason I gave the book 4 stars instead of 5 was that the copy I read (bought off of Amazon) looked more like an ARC copy. It was riddled with editing errors. Grammar, spelling, punctuation-you name it. I normally do not take off for that but it was distracting me from the story honestly. And there wasn't any notice of switching points of view and that could be a bit confusing at times. Again, something a great editor would have noticed, I'm sure. But, in spite of all that, I just bought the second book and cannot wait til I can dive in and see where the author takes us next. 

My Rating-
Tricia Daniels lives in a small town in Southern Ontario, Canada, where she raised three kids as a single parent. Creativity and imagination is something there is never a short supply of in her home. Between her quick wit and wicked sense of humor she found that she has a passion for writing steamy romance novels. Her goal is simple, tell her story, warm a few hearts, shed a few tears, share a silent chuckle, and occasionally, make people blush.
That's the official version. But the simple truth is... I'm just a normal woman, struggling to pay the bills and trying to raise my kids in a home where they feel empowered, supported and loved. I'd like to say that the story came to me with a gentle persuasion...but oh no! This story hit me like a full on tackle from behind and there were no foul flags thrown by the referee. Here's a little something unusual about me, well at least I think so... I'm not an author. My friends laugh when I say that. I have never aspired to write the next great love story or take the literary world by storm. I'm just a girl, who woke up from a dream with characters, scenes and a story in my head that was tied to such powerful emotions I couldn't settle until I wrote them down to get them out of my brain. This story would have never been shared with any of you if it wasn't for very good friends, who continue to try and convince me that I have a gift. Who knew? Definitely not me.



No comments:

Post a Comment