Quantcast
Big Girls *Heart* Books: 'Lex Talionis' by S.A. Huchton -Mel's Review -->

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

'Lex Talionis' by S.A. Huchton -Mel's Review



Alexandria Ross was only sure about one thing: her best friend Miranda. So when the seemingly random act of violence that steals Randi's life is revealed as cold-blooded murder, Andria doesn't get mad... 


She gets even. 

Driven with purpose, she changes the course of her life to set the scales of justice back in balance. Psychological warfare is her specialty, and the secrets of her enemies are her weapons. 

The players take their positions on the board… 

But little do they know that the game is rigged. 

Alexandria controls every move. 

Lex Talionis: let the punishment fit the crime.

You can pre-order your copy -


Mel's Review- 

Lex Talionis is an upcoming release from the ever amazing S.A. Huchton aka Starla Huchton. I was lucky enough to win a signed copy via a Goodreads giveaway and I am so excited that I did. This book was literally unputdownable-yes,  I made up a word and I do not care. I read this book in one sitting, unable to sleep or do anything else until I gobbled up the captivating  story told within the pages.

This is a story of revenge, yes, but it is so much more than that as well.  It's a story about love  and friendship and the numerous ways you can love one person; all the ways they fill up the holes in your life. It's a story about grief and loss and the ways they can twist us up and tear us apart. It's a story about society and the way it views the different sexes and their actions. It's a story that made me think about so many things and wonder about how I'd never realized some of the truths uncovered in my reading.

There are so many things to love about this book, so many things that make me want to just gush endlessly about how phenomenal it is. The writing is flawless, the story is fast-paced and riveting and the characters are layered and real. The pages are dripping with suspense and emotion, rife with danger and tension and impossible to stop turning.

The story is told from the point of view of Andria, who has lost her best friend, Randi.  Andria comes home from Randi's funeral to find a package waiting from her best friend. Inside she finds evidence that her friend wasn't a random victim of violence but a targeted murder victim. From there, the story takes off and you are on the very edge of your seat for the duration.

I cannot stress enough how deeply I believe that anyone aged 16+ should read this book. This book opened my eyes, broadened my mind and most importantly of all it made me think. I highly recommend it and want to thank the author for writing such an amazing book.

My Rating- 





A geek of all trades, Starla Huchton has been crafting stories in various genres since 2007. She is a three-time finalist for Parsec Awards for her podcast fiction work, and was the first place winner for Science Fiction & Fantasy in the Sandy competition in 2012. Her work spans science fiction, fantasy, New Adult Romance, Young Adult titles, Steampunk, Contemporary, and various other varieties of stories. She is greedy and likes all the genres!

When not writing, Starla trains three Minions, a black lab, and a military husband whilst designing book covers for independent authors and publishers at Designed By Starla.

No comments:

Post a Comment